Tuesday, June 3, 2014

4th Grade Japanese Landscape Scrolls

4th Grade Japanese Landscape Scrolls


     4th graders took a look at Japanese landscape scrolls and Japanese architecture. Students created their own landscape scrolls using pencil, skinny Sharpie marker, and colored pencils. Students focused on creating a landscape that showed the foreground, the middle ground, and the background. Students were asked to place at least 3 structures into their drawing... one in each space (f.g., m.g., b.g.). Students focused on the following learning targets for this lesson:
-I can create a landscape drawing that shows the foreground, middle ground, and background spaces.
-I can drawing at least 3 different structures, a large one in the foreground, a medium sized one in the middle ground, and a small one in the background.
-I can use at least 5 different values of green in my drawing.
-I can show light shading, cross-hatching, and blending in my drawing.








No comments:

Post a Comment