Tuesday, June 3, 2014

5th Grade Pop Art Drawings

5th Grade Pop Art Drawings

     5th graders took a look at the work of Pop Artist, Roy Lichtenstein. Each student chose an onomatopoeia to use as the focus of their Pop Art drawing. Students were then given the task of using lines and shapes in their artwork that would fit with the onomatopoeia that they chose. Students used the primary colors, like Lichtenstein, to add color to their work, followed by solid black outlines. For this drawing, students worked on the following learning targets:
-I can use lines and shapes in my artwork that match my onomatopoeia. 
-I can explain the style of Lichtenstein's artwork.
-I can explain what Pop Art is about.
-I can show careful use of craftsmanship in my drawing and coloring.  









No comments:

Post a Comment