Friday, March 14, 2014

4th Grade Robot Unit

4th Grade Robot Unit

     4th graders completed a robot unit that involved drawing, coloring, stamp-making, texture relief rubbings, and printmaking. Students were tasked with designing and drawing their own robot. From there, stamps were built out of cardboard, tag board, and glue. Students used the stamps to create texture relief rubbings from, followed by ink to create prints from them. Students also learned about how printmakers label their prints. For this unit, students worked on the following learning targets:
- I can combine a variety of lines and shapes to create a detailed and interesting robot.
- I can overlap and layer shapes to create a detailed stamp.
- I can use my stamp to create multiple prints of the same image. 
- I can show careful use of craftsmanship in my drawing, coloring, and printmaking.










No comments:

Post a Comment