Friday, March 14, 2014

2nd Grade Picasso Faces

2nd Grade Picasso Faces

     2nd graders studied the work of Pablo Picasso. Students mainly focused on his portrait paintings. Students created their own self-portrait collages using Picasso's style of showing the profile and the front view of the face at the same time. Students cut a variety of cubist shapes from colored construction paper, and rearranged them onto the face of their self-portrait. Students chose to use oil pastels to add details to their collage when they were finished. For this lesson, students worked on the following learning targets:

- I can combine and overlap a variety of cut shapes to create an interesting composition. 
- I can create a self-portrait that shows both the profile and front view of my face.
- I can show careful use of craftsmanship with my cutting and gluing.







No comments:

Post a Comment